Friday, July 22, 2005

Recommended

I'm getting one thing clear already, ok? A book list is NOT the same thing as a reading list. Reading Lists imply school, boredom, weathered books and overdue fines. Had the following post been a reading list, the title may have been "Required". However, the following is a book list. A Book List, for those of you with little or no deductive ability, is simply this: A list of books. In this case, they are books that I personally have enjoyed, and am therefore recommending to you.

Through The Looking Glass -Lewis Carroll
A sequel to the astoundingly popular children's tale "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland", this book is a complete enjoyment for anyone who agrees with the philosophy 'random is funny'. Ye Strong Bad lovers, beware. Lewis Carroll can almost touch the greatness. Around 100 pages long, this book is worth a read on a rainy day, and will keep you laughing and thinking, "They did ran
dom back then? Wow."

Tuck Everlasting -Natalie Babbit
A beautifully written story about a family that lives forever. This book amazed me, because I had seen the movie first, and when I read the book I couldn't help but think that the movie was better. Definitely worth a read, but I also recommend the movie for an emotional twist.

A Night To Remember -Walter Lord
Nonfiction, and the only nonfiction book I have ever enjoyed. This book takes the reader along on the voyage and sinking of the Titanic. For those not interested in the Titanic, read this book and I promise you will be. And I can't even explain why. Gripping.

A Wrinkle in Time -Madeleine L'Engle
I put this book on the list mainly because I want to make fun of the author's name. L'Engle? Haha! What a dumb name! Ok, I'm done now. But seriously, some parts of this book are really good, and others'll put you to sleep. The determined reader may enjoy it. I recommend it only as a last resort.

Of course, once MY book is published it'll be on the top of that list. But until such a time as that may be, you might as well read these gems. Their covers are all good, too.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Ruthie said...

good books, and for the most part accurate summaries... have you ever read the phantom tollbooth? because if i had a book list, i would strongly recommend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home